Carreno Busta beats Krajinovic to win Hamburg European Open
HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — Pablo Carreno Busta continued to impress on clay with a 6-2, 6-4 win against Filip Krajinovic in the Hamburg European Open final on Sunday.
The second-seeded Spaniard did not drop a set and converted all three of his break opportunities.
"It's an incredible feeling," Carreno Busta said. "I think that I worked very, very hard to finally win this title. It's my first ATP 500 title."
It's Carreno Busta's sixth title overall. The 29-year-old also won in Marbella in April and he has now claimed 17 clay-court wins this season after reaching the semifinals at Barcelona and Mallorca.
The sixth-seeded Krajinovic was playing in his fourth ATP tour final. He upset top-seeded Stefanos Tsitsipas in the quarterfinals but was unable to claim his first title.
"I hope it will come one day," Krajinovic said.
More AP Tennis: https://www.apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports
- Djokovic not ready to step aside as new generation emerges
- Putin hails Medvedev's 'brilliant' win over Djokovic in US Open final
- Medvedev says celebration was nod to FIFA game
- Serbia cries with Djokovic over lost chance to make history
- Djokovic falls short of historic calendar Slam as Medvedev wins US Open