Canelo-Plant unification bout set for Nov. 6 in Las Vegas
Canelo Alvarez and Caleb Plant will square off in Las Vegas on Nov. 6 to determine who will be crowned undisputed super middleweight champion, Alvarez announced Thursday.
Alvarez currently holds three 168-pound titles and Plant owns a fourth. The winner of November's tilt will claim ownership to all four.
It's been a long road to this unification bout. The fight was originally slated for Sept. 18 but talks ultimately fell apart in late July before resuming earlier this month.
Alvarez (56-1-2, 38 KOs) is coming off a ninth-round TKO over Billy Joe Saunders in May when he captured his third super middleweight title.
Plant (21-0, 12 KOs) last fought on Jan. 30 in Los Angeles, defeating Caleb Truax by unanimous decision over 12 rounds.
- Report: Texans not expected to deal Cooks, Tunsil ahead of trade deadline
- Report: Good chance Red Sox extend qualifying offer to Rodriguez
- NFL Week 8 O/U best bets: Texans, Panthers offenses hard to trust
- Tarasenko: 'Very emotional' moment when fans chanted my name
- Billups: Blazers' performance vs. Clippers was 'really embarrassing'