10-man West Brom held to goalless draw by Forest
London, Nov 26, 2021 (AFP) - West Bromwich Albion lost ground in the race for automatic promotion to the Premier League after they were held to a goalless draw at home to Nottingham Forest on Friday.
Albion had to play the final 20 minutes a man down after Republic of Ireland midfielder Jayson Molumby was sent off for a second bookable offence.
There were jeers at the final whistle from some home fans following the Baggies second successive goalless draw, with Valerien Ismael's side now having scored just two goals in six games.
This result meant Forest had now lost just once in 13 games.
It also left West Brom third in the Championship table, seven points adrift of second-placed Bournemouth, with only the top two at the end of the regular season guaranteed promotion to English football's lucrative top flight.
- Everton name Ferguson interim boss, reportedly eyeing Rooney and Lampard
- Championship roundup: Fulham move top with 6-2 thrashing of Bristol City
- Fulham hit Reading for 7 to reignite promotion push
- Former Stoke captain Shawcross retires after 16-year career
- Nottingham Forest knock Arsenal out of FA Cup as Spurs survive scare