Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez will only leave for Barcelona this summer if the Spanish club agrees to pay his €111-million release clause, sporting director Piero Ausilio told Sky Sport Italia's Fabrizio Romano on Wednesday.
"Lautaro Martinez is not for sale," Ausilio said. "Barcelona contacted us, we have a good relationship, but we told them we'll not sell Lautaro. If they want him, Barca must pay the full release clause.
"We want Lautaro in our future team. He will not be sold, the release clause is the only way - Barca know this as the other clubs who contacted us."
Martinez's release clause must be paid in one lump sum between July 1-15, according to Romano. The 22-year-old's contract with Inter runs until June 2023.
The economic damage from the coronavirus pandemic may preclude a deal. Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu said earlier in May that the club has lost between €120 million and €140 million in ticket sales, television revenue, and commercial income.
Martinez, whose impressive work ethic and bruising presence up front have earned him regular call-ups to the Argentinian national team, formed an impressive partnership with Romelu Lukaku before play was suspended. The two have accounted for 56% of Inter's goals so far this season.