Report: Cueto will not opt out of contract with Giants
Johnny Cueto's staying in San Francisco.
Cueto has a guaranteed $84 million remaining on his current deal, which has him signed through 2021, and after a disappointing injury-shortened season in the Bay, he won't be hitting the open market.
After a successful first season in San Francisco, Cueto pitched to a 4.52 ERA and 1.45 WHIP in 147 1/3 innings this past season. He struggled with his control, walking 53 batters, and was victimized by the home run, allowing 1.34 per nine innings, the second-highest mark of his career.
- MLB work stoppage almost certain on Dec. 2
- Schwarber: 'I'd be all ears' about new deal with Red Sox
- Seager wants to return to Dodgers: 'I believe in what these guys do'
- Matzek savoring Braves' run: 'I was out of baseball in 2017'
- Report: Gray likely seeking 3- or 4-year deal after turning down Rockies offer