Dodgers' Seager out at least 1 month with fractured right hand
He fractured the fifth metacarpal in his hand, according to Juan Toribio of MLB.com.
The Dodgers placed Seager on the 10-day injured list Sunday. While he won't need surgery, manager Dave Roberts said he'll miss at least a month due to the injury, according to Michael J. Duarte of NBC Los Angeles.
Roberts added that Gavin Lux will be the team's primary shortstop while Seager is sidelined, according to Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register.
Los Angeles has dealt with a number of injuries amid a relatively slow start to the 2021 season. Following a win over Miami, the Dodgers sit third in the NL West at 22-17.
Seager entered play Saturday hitting .267/.355/.425 with four home runs and 22 RBIs.
Los Angeles recalled catcher Keibert Ruiz from Triple-A Oklahoma City in a corresponding move.
- Riley lifts Braves past Dodgers in Game 1 of NLCS
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS
- Astros' Garcia removed in 2nd inning of Game 2 with knee injury
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- Report: Mets unlikely to hire Brewers' Stearns, Athletics' Beane