Report: MLB to fine Baez for walk-off celebration
Baez was fired up after getting a hit off Reds reliever Amir Garrett.
The two started a benches-clearing incident in May after Baez confronted Garrett about his showboating. The left-hander was suspended for that fracas, and he said Tuesday that Baez should thank him for not reacting to being mocked.
The Cubs and Reds meet again Wednesday and Thursday to conclude a four-game series.
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- Twins thump Ryu, drop Blue Jays out of playoff spot