Report: Blue Jays, Mariners, Rays, Yankees join Berrios pursuit
Minnesota has begun fielding offers for the 27-year-old and the chances of him being dealt before Friday's trade deadline are increasing, sources told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal and Dan Hayes.
The Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Yankees, San Diego Padres, Tampa Bay Rays, and Toronto Blue Jays are among the clubs with varying degrees of interest, Rosenthal and Hayes add.
The Twins hurler has been a bright spot for Minnesota in an otherwise terrible season. Berrios owns a 7-5 record with a 3.48 ERA and 3.56 FIP across 121 2/3 innings. The Puerto Rican hurler also ranks third in the American League in WHIP and eighth in WAR, according to FanGraphs.
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- MLB weekend best bets: Scherzer can't be stopped amid Cy Young bid