Report: Mariners to host 2023 All-Star Game at T-Mobile Park
An official announcement will take place in Seattle on Thursday, with commissioner Rob Manfred among those in attendance, according to Forbes' Maury Brown.
In addition to the 92nd All-Star Game, T-Mobile Park and the city of Seattle will host the 2023 Home Run Derby and other All-Star week events. This could include the MLB Draft, which was hosted alongside the All-Star Game for the first time this summer.
It will mark the second time the Midsummer Classic has been played at T-Mobile Park, formerly known as Safeco Field. The ballpark also hosted it in 2001, a contest made memorable by Cal Ripken Jr.'s MVP performance in his final All-Star Game. Seattle first hosted the event in 1979 at the Kingdome.
The 2022 All-Star Game will be played at Dodger Stadium. MLB previously revealed that Philadelphia will host it in 2026; locations for 2024 and 2025 are still to be determined.
- Angels reverse course, tab Ohtani to start Sunday vs. A's
- Rockies' Hilliard hits emotional HR days after father's death
- Report: MLB mandating vaccines for non-playing personnel on playoff teams
- The Brewer Way: How Milwaukee became a World Series contender
- Twins thump Ryu, drop Blue Jays out of playoff spot