Padres place Snell on IL with groin strain amid playoff push
Snell exited his last start early after tweaking his groin Sunday in a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The 2018 AL Cy Young winner has posted a 4.20 ERA with 170 strikeouts over 128 2/3 innings (27 starts) in his first season playing for the Padres following a blockbuster trade with the Tampa Bay Rays during the offseason.
The Padres enter Wednesday's action one game behind the Cardinals for the second wild-card spot in the NL.
- Correa's late HR helps Astros top Red Sox in ALCS opener
- Are the Giants a one-hit wonder or a sustainable success story?
- NLCS preview, best bet: Can Braves pull off massive upset vs. Dodgers?
- The Astros' secret is one many World Series winners share
- Astros' Baker: Correa-Altuve relationship is like Brady-Gronk