Report: D-Backs among teams eyeing former All-Star Yates
Yates, who had his second Tommy John surgery in March, is likely looking for a two-year deal, notes Rosenthal. The Toronto Blue Jays signed him to a one-year pact in January, but he never ended up pitching for the team after undergoing the elbow procedure.
The 34-year-old owns a career 3.54 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, and 12.8 K/9 across seven years in the majors. He led the National League with 41 saves during an All-Star campaign with the San Diego Padres in 2019.
The Diamondbacks finished with the second-worst bullpen ERA (5.08) last season.
- Re-ranking top free agents: Plenty of stars still looking for deals
- Minoso, Hodges, O'Neil among 6 new inductees to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Report: Blue Jays, Red Sox, Yankees pursuing Seiya Suzuki
- Report: Galvis close to deal with Japan's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
- Daisuke Matsuzaka surprised by Ichiro during retirement ceremony