Report: Barboza-Chikadze to headline Aug. 28 Fight Night card
Edson Barboza is expected to meet Giga Chikadze in the main event of a UFC Fight Night card scheduled for Aug. 28, ESPN's Brett Okamoto reports, citing sources.
The featherweight bout is reportedly in the process of being finalized for the event, which will be held at a to-be-determined location.
Barboza is coming off a spectacular win over Shane Burgos at UFC 262 in May, where a two-punch combination resulted in a rare delayed knockout early in the third round. The Brazilian's second consecutive victory pushed his career record to 22-9 after bouncing back from a stretch that saw him lose four of five fights.
Chikadze, who has been on a steady rise up the featherweight ranks, is having his ascent rewarded with a fight he's been seeking for over a year.
The 32-year-old enters the intriguing matchup still undefeated (6-0) in his short UFC career. He earned Performance of the Night honors in each of his last two victories with TKO finishes over Jamey Simmons and Cub Swanson.
- Anderson stops Bader in 51 seconds, advances to Bellator grand prix final
- Nemkov dominates Anglickas, retains Bellator title by submission
- Dumont upsets Ladd in lackluster UFC main event
- Corey Anderson doesn't miss UFC's 'politics,' says Bellator treats him better
- Ngannou: UFC used interim title fight to 'control the narrative'