Woodley promises 'no shenanigans,' KO win in Paul rematch
Former UFC champion Tyron Woodley is guaranteeing a knockout win in his rematch with Jake Paul on Dec. 18.
"No doubt, no controversy, no bullshit, no shenanigans, he's going to f------ sleep," Woodley said in a recent Instagram Live video, according to MMA Crazy. "I promise you that."
Woodley also predicted a knockout ahead of their first meeting, which took place in August and resulted in a split-decision win for Paul after eight rounds of boxing.
The 39-year-old stepped in on short notice earlier this week for the rematch in Tampa after Tommy Fury withdrew due to a rib injury and chest infection.
Woodley rocked Paul in the fourth round this past summer, but the latter ultimately survived and came out on top on the scorecards. Woodley was criticized afterward for a lack of aggression throughout the contest, a common theme toward the end of his UFC run.
The former champ assured that he was trying to knock out Paul - and remains adamant he should've gotten the decision victory - but said, "the cookie crumbled the way it did."
Woodley added that he had a hunch the Paul-Fury fight wouldn't happen. He said he began training in October and didn't hesitate to accept the rematch.
Paul said earlier this week that Woodley will earn an additional $500,000 if he wins by knockout.