Saric out indefinitely after tearing ACL in Game 1 of Finals
Saric played just two minutes before being forced to leave with the injury in the first quarter. The Croatian big came up hobbling after planting his feet while attempting to drive to the basket past Bucks center Brook Lopez. He managed to recover the loose ball in discomfort but needed assistance making his way to the locker room.
The 27-year-old was playing 10.5 minutes per contest during the Suns' run to The Finals, registering 4.5 points, 2.5 rebounds, and one assist per game.
“It’s just one of those situations that literally breaks your heart," Suns coach Monty Williams said Wednesday. "He’s what Suns basketball is about. Hard worker. Unbelievable guy. And he was so looking forward to playing in these Finals.
“And to play a few minutes and have that kind of injury, it was a tough thing to hear this morning.”
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- Siakam: Last year's struggles linked with not feeling like 'the guy'
- Gilgeous-Alexander: I want to be among the 'greatest to ever play'
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket: Final 4 an all-Jordan affair - Vote now!👇
- Report: Jahlil Okafor signing non-guaranteed deal with Hawks