Thanasis Antetokounmpo misses Game 5 due to health protocols
Milwaukee Bucks forward Thanasis Antetokounmpo, the older brother of star Giannis Antetokounmpo, didn't play in Game 5 of The Finals on Saturday against the Phoenix Suns after entering the health and safety protocols.
The Bucks edged the Suns late to take a 3-2 series lead.
Antetokounmpo has played sparingly against the Suns, registering just over one-and-a-half minutes during Milwaukee's 20-point Game 3 win. Prior to The Finals, he was averaging 3.6 minutes per game over 12 appearances this postseason.
The 28-year-old is the only player to enter the league's health and safety protocols during The Finals. Suns star Chris Paul entered the protocols ahead of his team's last series against the Los Angeles Clippers and missed two contests. He was cleared to return for Game 3.
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- Siakam: Last year's struggles linked with not feeling like 'the guy'
- Gilgeous-Alexander: I want to be among the 'greatest to ever play'
- GOAT Sneaker Bracket: Final 4 an all-Jordan affair - Vote now!👇
- Report: Jahlil Okafor signing non-guaranteed deal with Hawks