Retired center Gortat rescued after running out of gas while boating
Rest easy, central Florida, Marcin Gortat is safe and sound.
Gortat was briefly trapped on an Orlando lake after his boat ran out of gas. However, a good Samaritan came to the retired NBA center's aid on Tuesday:
The Polish Hammer averaged 9.9 points and 7.9 rebounds per game in a career that featured stops with the Orlando Magic, Phoenix Suns, Washington Wizards, and Los Angeles Clippers.
Gortat hung up his sneakers for good after the 2018-19 season, evidently to devote more time to his true passion - cosplaying as Tom Hanks' character in the film "Castaway."
- Jokic's 49-point triple-double powers Nuggets to thrilling OT win
- Pacers roll past Lakers in 4th quarter for skid-stopping win
- Embiid ties career high with 50 points as 76ers pull away from Magic
- Report: Simmons plans to sit all season if not traded by deadline
- Can the disappointing Hawks turn it around?