Report: Wentz won't be limited by back injury during OTAs
Icon Sportswire / Getty

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz will participate in organized team activities without any limitations from the back injury that ended his 2018 season, sources told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Earlier in May, Eagles head coach Doug Pederson wouldn't say if Wentz would be cleared for OTAs - which will begin Tuesday - despite the quarterback's confidence that he'd be fully recovered.

Rapoport added that Philadelphia will be "smart" with its starting quarterback, who has suffered two season-ending injuries in his first three NFL seasons. Wentz tore his ACL in 2017, prematurely ending his MVP-caliber campaign.

"It's still getting there," Wentz said in April about the stress fracture in his back. "Some of this stuff just takes time, but that's not really the main concern. It's just kind of how I feel. I feel pretty good with where I'm at."

The 26-year-old threw for 3,074 yards with 21 touchdowns and seven interceptions over 11 appearances in 2018. Former backup Nick Foles is now with the Jacksonville Jaguars, so the Eagles' other quarterbacks are Nate Sudfeld and the recently acquired Cody Kessler.

Comments
Report: Wentz won't be limited by back injury during OTAs
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox