Report: 49ers make Warner highest-paid LB with 5-year, $95M extension
Warner, who was entering the last year of his rookie deal, has been one of football's most consistent defenders since entering the league as a third-round pick in 2018.
The 24-year-old has yet to miss a contest through three NFL seasons and is averaging 122 tackles, seven pass breakups, and two forced fumbles per 16 games played. He earned his first career Pro Bowl berth in 2020.
Warner is also considered one of the premier off-ball defenders in the league. He was PFF's highest-graded linebacker in coverage last season, allowing a passer rating of only 69.7 when targeted - the lowest mark of his career.
The BYU product is the latest key member of the 49ers' defense to ink a long-term extension over the last two seasons.
- Report: Packers, Rodgers nearing deal that could set up QB's exit after 2021
- Report: Texans open to offers for Watson
- Redrafting the entire NFL: Mahomes goes 1st. What happens next?
- Colts' Reich to miss start of camp after testing positive for COVID-19
- 2 women with new allegations among 10 filing police complaints against Watson