Saints' Onyemata suspended 6 games for violating PED policy
Onyemata will be eligible to return to the active roster Oct. 26. He'll be able to participate in the preseason.
The 28-year-old defensive lineman said earlier Friday on Instagram that he was aware of the incoming suspension.
"While I was certainly surprised and disappointed with this news, I am responsible for what I put in my body," Onyemata wrote. "As I have never knowingly taken anything that could cause a positive test, we are currently in the process of testing the supplements I was taking at the time of the test.
"Regardless, I am committed to being more aware of any medication and dietary supplements that may contain substances banned by the NFL."
Onyemata has started 30 games over the last two seasons. He's coming off a career-high 6.5 sacks in 2020.
- Heinicke leads Washington past Giants on TNF
- Colts to appear in 1st in-season edition of 'Hard Knocks'
- Rodgers: 'We're in big trouble' if we freak out after Week 1 blowout loss
- Bieniemy brushes off USC rumors, focused on matchup with Ravens
- Higgins changing number after season: I don't want to be 'Ochocinco 2.0'