Burrow avoids PUP list, set to participate in training camp
Joe Burrow is cleared for training camp.
The Bengals quarterback wasn't among the Cincinnati players placed on the physically unable to perform list Sunday. He was limited at organized team activities in May and said at the time that his knee wasn't 100%.
Burrow tore his ACL and MCL in Week 11 last season against the Washington Football Team. The 24-year-old is expected to be under center for the Bengals when they kick off their 2021 campaign against the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 12.
The 2020 first overall pick completed 65.3% of his passes for 2,688 yards and 13 touchdowns against five interceptions through 10 appearances as a rookie. He posted a 2-7-1 record as a starter while also rushing for three scores.
Burrow's entering his sophomore campaign with high expectations. The Bengals improved his supporting cast with several offseason acquisitions, including rookie wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase.
- Heinicke leads Washington past Giants on TNF
- Colts to appear in 1st in-season edition of 'Hard Knocks'
- Rodgers: 'We're in big trouble' if we freak out after Week 1 blowout loss
- Bieniemy brushes off USC rumors, focused on matchup with Ravens
- Higgins changing number after season: I don't want to be 'Ochocinco 2.0'