Wentz practicing through injuries, will be game-time decision
The passer was limited at Friday's session and will likely be a game-time decision for Sunday's matchup with the Tennessee Titans, head coach Frank Reich said, according to Joel A. Erickson of the Indianapolis Star. Reich was shocked at how much progress Wentz has made.
"I'm very surprised we're even at this point, honestly, because Monday and Tuesday was pretty bad," Reich said, per George Bremer of the Herald Bulletin.
Wentz exited last Sunday's loss to the Los Angeles Rams after he was tackled by defensive tackle Aaron Donald.
Reich wouldn't name a replacement if Wentz is unable to play in Week 3. Jacob Eason finished the Week 2 contest, but Brett Hundley might also be elevated from the practice squad and split time at quarterback.
- Seahawks' Carroll: I wouldn't have been here a long time without Wilson
- Jets acquire Flacco from Eagles after injury to Wilson
- Davante Adams placed on COVID-19 list ahead of TNF vs. Cardinals
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- NFL Week 8 O/U best bets: Texans, Panthers offenses hard to trust