Packers edge 49ers in thrilling finish on SNF
The Packers positioned themselves for the game-winner despite taking the ball at their own 25-yard line with 37 seconds remaining and no timeouts. Aaron Rodgers found Davante Adams for 25 yards down the middle of the field to begin the drive.
The reigning MVP hit Adams again for 17 yards a couple of plays later, setting up a spike and the Crosby field goal
"How can you not be romantic about football?" Rodgers said postgame.
Moments before Rodgers' heroics, the 49ers took their only lead of the game on a 12-yard touchdown catch from Pro Bowl fullback Kyle Juszczyk.
The Packers scored the first 17 points of the night but surrendered three second-half touchdowns to give the 49ers a chance to escape with the victory.
Green Bay has now won two in a row after getting blown out in Week 1, while San Francisco suffered its first loss after winning two straight to begin the season.
- Seahawks' Carroll: I wouldn't have been here a long time without Wilson
- Jets acquire Flacco from Eagles after injury to Wilson
- Davante Adams placed on COVID-19 list ahead of TNF vs. Cardinals
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- Report: Texans not expected to deal Cooks, Tunsil ahead of trade deadline