Chubb to miss Cardinals game due to calf injury
Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski was noncommital when asked if Chubb will need to go on injured reserve and potentially miss at least three games.
Chubb is the key cog of Cleveland's run-centric offense. His 523 rushing yards rank second in the NFL behind Derrick Henry and his average of 5.8 yards per carry is tied for third behind Tony Pollard and Lamar Jackson.
Kareem Hunt will take over the starting role in Chubb's absence.
Hunt has racked up 295 yards and five touchdowns through five weeks and is averaging a career-best 5.4 yards per carry.
Cleveland is looking to bounce back from its second loss of the season against the undefeated Cardinals.
- Report: Jaguars' Meyer has no plans to return to college
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- AFC division betting odds: Patriots among best values over final 6 weeks