Giants' Jones set to play Week 6, Barkley ruled out
Jones was forced to leave last week's loss to the Dallas Cowboys in the second quarter due to a concussion. He was limited at practice Thursday but was a full participant Friday.
The 24-year-old has shown improvement early in his third NFL season, reducing his turnovers while posting a passer rating of 95.6, the highest of his career. He also leads the Giants with 197 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground.
Jones will likely be involved in the running game again versus the Rams, as Giants star running back Saquon Barkley was officially ruled out for Week 6. Barkley also left last week's contest prematurely after sustaining a low ankle sprain.
The 2018 Offensive Rookie of the Year, who has struggled with only 195 rushing yards (3.6 per carry) through five appearances in 2021, was considered week-to-week.
Devontae Booker, who replaced Barkley in Week 5 and scored two touchdowns, is expected to carry the load at running back on Sunday.
New York is welcoming wide receiver Sterling Shepard back in Week 6. Shepard hasn't played since Week 3 due to a hamstring injury.
- Report: Jaguars' Meyer has no plans to return to college
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- AFC division betting odds: Patriots among best values over final 6 weeks