Seahawks place Wilson, Carson on injured reserve
Wilson's stretch of 149 consecutive regular-season starts will come to an end when he sits out Sunday's contest against the Pittsburgh Steelers. The streak is the sixth longest by a quarterback in NFL history.
Geno Smith will replace Wilson under center.
The 32-year-old injured his right middle finger on his throwing hand in Seattle's 26-17 loss to the Rams on Oct. 7. He underwent surgery the following day.
The earliest Wilson could return is in a Week 10 matchup against the Green Bay Packers.
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- As the Seahawks try to stop their tailspin, what happens if they crash?
- Hill willing to wager Super Bowl ring on Usain Bolt race