Report: Texans not expected to deal Cooks, Tunsil ahead of trade deadline
Both players are considered assets to the club, which currently finds itself sitting at 1-6 and last in the AFC South through seven weeks.
Tunsil, 27, is considered one of the premier blockers in the league. The two-time Pro Bowler is currently on injured reserve after undergoing thumb surgery. He has started 33 contests since he was acquired by Houston in a 2019 blockbuster deal with the Miami Dolphins.
Cooks leads the Texans with 45 receptions for 502 yards and one touchdown. The 28-year-old accounts for 31.2% of Houston's passing targets.
The veteran pass-catcher has become accustomed to being a trade target after being dealt by the New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots, and Los Angeles Rams during his career.
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- 49ers' Samuel expected to miss 1-2 weeks with groin strain
- As the Seahawks try to stop their tailspin, what happens if they crash?
- McCarthy out vs. Saints after testing positive for COVID-19
- Report: Dalvin Cook suffered dislocated shoulder, torn labrum