Bears' Dalton to start vs. Cardinals
Andy Dalton will start the Bears' Week 13 matchup with the Arizona Cardinals as Justin Fields is not ready to return from a rib injury, Chicago head coach Matt Nagy announced Friday, according to team reporter Larry Mayer.
Nick Foles will back up Dalton on Sunday, Nagy added.
It will be the second straight start for Dalton, who led the Bears to a Thanksgiving victory against the Detroit Lions. He completed 61.5% of his passes for 317 yards with one touchdown and one pick in the 16-14 win.
Fields was injured in Week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens. MRIs following the game reportedly revealed a few cracked ribs.
The rookie took over the starting role in Week 3 and has thrown for four touchdowns to eight interceptions, while the 34-year-old Dalton has tossed four scores to two picks this season.
- Texans interview Josh McCown for head coaching vacancy
- Report: Prescott fined $25K for praising fans who threw debris at refs
- Valdes-Scantling doubtful vs. 49ers; Alexander, Bakhtiari questionable
- 49ers hopeful Bosa will be cleared to play vs. Packers
- Best bets to lead the NFL divisional round in passing, rushing, receiving yards