Report: Canucks' Sutter out at least 4-6 weeks with separated shoulder
Bad news for the Vancouver Canucks as forward Brandon Sutter will be out at least four-to-six weeks after injuring his shoulder Monday night, according to TSN's Farhan Lalji.
Sutter separated his shoulder after crashing into the boards during a penalty kill in the second period. The initial time frame is considered a best case scenario according to Lalji, meaning Sutter could be out even longer than six weeks.
After the game Canucks head coach Travis Green didn't get into specifics on Sutter's injury, but did say the recovery time would not be days but "more like weeks."
Through 12 games this season, Sutter has recorded three goals and one assist. He had 11 goals and 15 assists in 61 games with Vancouver last season.
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs
- Mangiapane leads Flames to win over Rangers