Sabres open 2nd round by drafting Prokhor Poltapov with 33rd pick
The Buffalo Sabres used the 33rd overall pick to select forward Prokhor Poltapov.
Poltapov is listed at 5-foot-11, 174 lbs, and recorded 52 points in 61 games in Russia's MHL last season. He also had seven points in seven contests for his country at the Under-18 world championships.
He entered the draft as Central Scouting's 18th-ranked European skater.
Polpatov is Buffalo's third draft choice so far in 2022. The Sabres drafted top prospect Owen Power first overall, then took forward Isak Rosen with the 14th pick.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season
- Jalen Smereck to sit out until UHL bans player who made racist gesture