Coyotes draft Josh Doan, son of Shane, 37th overall
The Arizona Coyotes drafted forward Josh Doan with the 37th overall pick in the 2021 NHL Draft on Saturday.
Doan is the son of Shane, a Coyotes icon and the franchise leader in games played (1,540), goals (402), and assists (570). Shane currently serves as Arizona's chief hockey development officer.
Doan, 18, entered the draft as Central Scouting's 87th-ranked North American skater.
The Arizona native recorded 70 points in 53 games with the USHL's Chicago Steel last season. He's committed to Arizona State.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season