Flyers deal Voracek to Blue Jackets for Atkinson
There are no additional pieces in the deal, and no salary is being retained, according to TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
Here's a look at each player's contract.
|Player||Cap hit (per season)||Base salary (total)||Years remaining|
Columbus drafted Voracek seventh overall in 2007. He spent three seasons with the club before joining the Flyers in 2011. The 31-year-old is one of the league's premier set-up men, notching nine goals to go with 34 assists in 53 games last season.
Atkinson, 32, has spent his entire 10-year career with the Blue Jackets. He recorded 402 points in 627 games with the club, highlighted by a 41-goal campaign in 2018-19.
Both the Flyers and Blue Jackets have been busy to start the offseason. Philadelphia has made moves to acquire Ryan Ellis and Rasmus Ristolainen, while Columbus dealt star blue-liner Seth Jones to Chicago in a blockbuster deal on Friday.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season