Avalanche draft Taylor Makar, brother of Cale, with 220th pick
Taylor, 20, played with the AJHL's Brooks Bandits last season, notching five goals and 14 assists in 16 games. Cale played for the same team before turning pro.
Cale - who inked a six-year, $54-million extension with the Avalanche earlier Saturday - previously expressed hope that his brother would be drafted this year.
Taylor and Cale are the third set of brothers to be reunited with the same team during the 2021 NHL Draft. Luke Hughes joined his brother Jack with the New Jersey Devils after being selected No. 4, while Colton Dach joined his brother Kirby with the Chicago Blackhawks after being selected 62nd.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season