Canadiens bring back Armia on 4-year deal
Armia, 28, recorded seven goals and seven assists in 41 games while averaging 14:42 of ice time per contest. It was his least productive season - on a per game basis - since joining the Habs in 2018-19.
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound winger added five goals and three assists in 21 games during Montreal's run to the Stanley Cup Final.
Accounting for Armia, the Canadiens project to have about $15 million in cap space once Shea Weber is placed on long-term injured reserve. RFAs Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Artturi Lehkonen are still looking for new deals.
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- Sharks' Kane confident he'll be cleared in gambling investigation
- 'It could've been devastating': Maurice relieved to have stability on defense
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- NHL projects 98% full vaccination rate among players before season