Panthers re-sign Montour to 3-year deal with reported $3.5M AAV
The deal carries an average annual cap hit of $3.5 million, reports TSN's Pierre LeBrun.
Montour recorded 18 points over 50 games last season split between the Panthers and Sabres. Florida acquired him from Buffalo prior to the 2021 trade deadline in exchange for a third-round pick.
The 27-year-old uses his excellent skating to drive offense at a high rate, but his defending is suspect.
Florida's blue line currently projects as follows:
|MacKenzie Weegar||Aaron Ekblad|
|Gustav Forsling||Brandon Montour|
|Markus Nutivaara||Radko Gudas|
The club possesses roughly $10 million in cap space, but the Panthers still need to work out a deal with newly acquired restricted free-agent forward Sam Reinhart.
- Devils' Blackwood confirms he isn't vaccinated due to 'health concerns'
- Report: NHL investigating Evander Kane for potential COVID-19 protocol violation
- Kadri confident teammates trust him after playoff suspension
- Peel admits hot-mic incident was 'a tremendous error in judgement'
- Ranking the NHL's 8 best lines heading into this season