Canadiens sign Mathieu Perreault to 1-year deal
The 33-year-old Quebec native spent the last seven seasons with the Winnipeg Jets. He recorded 19 points in 56 games while averaging 11:43 of ice time this past campaign.
Perreault is a versatile, two-way player who can slot in at both center and winger, providing a boost to the Canadiens' depth.
Perreault, who played three minor-league seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, was drafted by the Washington Capitals in 2006. He's also suited up for the Anaheim Ducks. Perreault has 343 points in 683 career NHL games.
- Canucks GM: 'No angry sides' in contract talks with Pettersson, Hughes
- Aho amused by Hurricanes' $20 signing bonus for Kotkaniemi: 'It's pretty funny'
- Five years ago, North America's young guns electrified the World Cup
- Kane says he didn't know about alleged assault in 2010
- Sharks' Hertl not worried about contract extension