Parise confirms agreement to join Islanders
The contract's details aren't known. Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello hasn't registered the deal with the NHL, Russo adds.
The Minnesota Wild bought out the final four years of Parise's contract earlier in the offseason. Despite producing decent numbers, the 37-year-old seemed to have fallen out of favor in Minnesota and was a healthy scratch multiple times over the last year.
Parise recorded seven goals and added 11 assists across 45 games last season. He scored 25 goals and contributed 21 helpers over 69 contests during the 2019-20 campaign.
- Tarasenko: 'Very emotional' moment when fans chanted my name
- Mark Messier on leadership, Halloween parties, Cup journeys, and TV gig
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs