Oilers to retire Lowe's No. 4 jersey this season
Lowe played 15 seasons (1979-1992) as a defenseman with the Oilers and won five Stanley Cups. He added another championship ring to his collection with the Rangers in 1994.
The 62-year-old was a member of the Hockey Hall of Fame's 2020 class. Lowe is currently an alternate governor for the Oilers and has previously served as head coach and general manager.
Seven players have already seen their numbers retired by Edmonton, including Al Hamilton (3), Paul Coffey (7), Glenn Anderson (9), Mark Messier (11), Jari Kurri (17), Grant Fuhr (31), and Wayne Gretzky (99).
- Senators' Murray headed to IR, Pinto to miss 1-2 weeks
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'
- Watch: Seattle welcomes Kraken, boos Bettman at home opener
- Report: Devils' Blackwood vaccinated, to be cleared by December
- Perreault's hat trick leads Canadiens to 1st win of season