Flyers' Hayes out 6-8 weeks after abdominal surgery
Hayes will miss six-to-eight weeks after undergoing abdominal surgery Tuesday. The 29-year-old required five weeks to recover from a core muscle operation he underwent in late May.
Philadelphia's No. 2 center notched 12 goals and 19 assists while averaging 17:31 of ice time over 55 games last season, Hayes' second campaign with the club.
The Flyers also provided additional updates Tuesday. Defenseman-turned forward Samuel Morin will be out six-to-eight weeks from Sept. 10, when he underwent right knee surgery. Forward Wade Allison is out indefinitely with a right ankle sprain, while 2020 draft pick Zayde Wisdom is also out indefinitely following shoulder surgery.
- McDavid nets hat trick, Oilers douse Flames
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs