Sami Vatanen signs in Switzerland
Unrestricted free-agent defenseman Sami Vatanen is taking his talents to Switzerland.
The Geneve-Servette Hockey Club of the National League announced it has signed the 30-year-old until the end of the 2021-22 season.
Vatanen most recently suited up for the Dallas Stars after the team picked him up off waivers in April. He didn't register a point over nine contests while averaging just over 16 minutes of ice time per game.
Prior to that brief stint, the blue-liner spent four seasons with the New Jersey Devils beginning in 2017-18. Vatanen also enjoyed a postseason run with the Carolina Hurricanes after being traded in 2020, notching three points over seven games. He then re-signed with the Devils on a one-year deal.
Vatanen has recorded 200 points over 473 career NHL games since becoming the Anaheim Ducks' fourth-round pick in 2009.
- Report: Eichel's camp set to present final case for disc replacement
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Hurricanes create website to keep roasting Canadiens
- Bobrovsky gets 300th win as unbeaten Panthers top Avs