Islanders' Johnston suspended 3 games for check to head of Devils' Greer
NEW YORK (AP) — New York Islanders forward Ross Johnston was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Friday for an illegal check to the head against New Jersey Devils forward A.J. Greer.
Johnston was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head early in the first period of the Islanders' 3-2 home victory Thursday night.
The suspension will cost Johnston $15,000. The 6-foot-5 left wing has two assists in nine games this season.
- McDavid baffled by Oilers' meltdown vs. Senators: 'I wish I had an answer'
- Fleury blanks Ducks with 37-save shutout in Blackhawks win
- Leafs' Mikheyev scores late winner in back-and-forth affair vs. Blues
- Report: Stars increasing efforts to trade Klingberg
- Panthers' attack stays red-hot, scores 9 in drubbing of Blue Jackets