Report: Stars increasing efforts to trade Klingberg
Klingberg's name has been in the rumor mill for much of the season. Earlier this month, he said contract negotiations with the club were quiet and that he didn't feel appreciated.
The 29-year-old is a pending unrestricted free agent and is likely to draw plenty of interest leading up to the trade deadline from contenders looking to bolster the right side of their blue line. The Carolina Hurricanes are among the teams that have inquired about the blue-liner's availability, Marek previously reported.
Klingberg carries a $4.25-million cap hit and a $6-million base salary, according to CapFriendly. He's spent his entire career with the Stars after being drafted in the fifth round in 2010.
The smooth-skating Swede broke into the NHL in 2014-15 and has collected 344 points in 508 games - good for ninth among all defensemen over that span.
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- NHL Tuesday player props: 3 forwards worth backing
- NHL Tuesday best bets: Road warriors