Keefe: Leafs were 'soft and purposeless' in loss to Rangers
"We got exposed today for being a team that was just soft. Soft and purposeless and just kind of playing the game hoping it was gonna work out," Keefe said, according to Sportsnet's Luke Fox.
"This one should bother us greatly," he added.
Toronto stormed out to a 3-1 lead after the first period but allowed five unanswered goals and was overmatched by New York's forecheck. The Maple Leafs have now surrendered multi-goal leads in four of their past five games.
The Leafs sit in third in the Atlantic Division, six points back of the Florida Panthers with two games in hand. They return to action Saturday against the New York Islanders.
- Kane's natural hat trick propels Oilers past Flames for series lead in Game 3
- Flames' Lucic ejected for running Oilers' Smith behind the net
- Rangers' Gallant calls out Hurricanes for 'bullshit' at end of Game 3
- Maple Leafs sign Giordano to 2-year extension with $800K AAV
- Lightning close in on sweep of Panthers with Game 3 victory