Crosby returns to practice, labeled day-to-day
Crosby missed the Penguins' Game 6 loss to the New York Rangers on Friday night with an upper-body injury. The veteran is reportedly dealing with a concussion.
"We'll take each day as it comes. I'm not going to speculate at this point," he said. "They're obviously on the ice, that's encouraging. They're making progress."
Jarry hasn't suited up for a playoff game this series due to a foot injury, while Rakell hasn't played since Game 1 and has been on the shelf with an upper-body injury.
Sullivan reaffirmed that Crosby is in a "good place."
"He's doing his very best to get himself back and ready as quickly as he can. We'll see how that process goes," he said.
"I think any time he's on the ice, I think it's good for our team, it's good for our players, it's good for our morale," he continued. "That's certainly a boost for our guys."
Pittsburgh held a 3-1 series lead, but the Rangers stormed back to force a Game 7. Puck drop is Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.
- Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening
- Kadri responds to racist threats with hat trick: 'For those that hate, that was for them'
- Bolts praise another Vasilevskiy series-clinching gem: 'There is never a doubt'
- NHL Tuesday player props: 3 forwards worth backing
- NHL Tuesday best bets: Road warriors