Schauffele extends lead midway through final round in Tokyo
Xander Schauffele shot 4-under on the front nine during the final round of the golf competition in Toyko to lead by two over Rory Sabbatini.
Schauffele saw his 54-hole lead grow thanks to back-to-back birdies on his opening holes. The American added two more birdies before making the turn to reach 18-under for the tournament.
Sabbatini is in the middle of a blistering round at Kasumigaseki Country Club. The former South African, who is now representing Slovakia, sits at 9-under through 15 holes with the potential for a 59 in the cards.
Paul Casey is trying to keep pace with Schauffele in the tournament's final group. He shot a bogey-free 3-under on the front nine and trails Schauffele by three.
Hometown favorite Hideki Matsuyama went 1-under through nine holes to fall four shots off Schauffele's lead.
- Braves' Rosario named NLCS MVP after record performance
- Scherzer watches, Buehler struggles as Dodgers' season ends
- Braves oust Dodgers, clinch 1st World Series appearance since 1999
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'