Zalatoris named 2021 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year
The 25-year-old beat out Garrick Higgo for the award.
Zalatoris immediately made a name for himself after joining the TOUR in November as a special temporary member. He made 21 of 25 cuts while posting eight top-10 finishes, and Zalatoris was the runner-up at the Masters.
"My congratulations to Will Zalatoris on being voted the 2021 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year by the TOUR's membership," said TOUR commissioner Jay Monahan. "Will's success despite not having PGA TOUR membership status at the outset of the 2020-21 season is a testament to not only his ability but also his hard work and attitude."
A special temporary member hasn't won Rookie of The Year since Charles Howell III in 2001.
- Mitchell builds 5-shot lead heading into weekend at CJ Cup
- Phil rips USGA, R&A over driver length rule: 'Stupid is as stupid does'
- USGA, R&A provide rule for tours to limit driver length
- Rahm fails to make cut at Andalucia Masters; Langasque leads
- CJ Cup in Vegas may be Johnson's last chance to win in 2021