Cantlay voted 2021 PGA TOUR Player of the Year
"On behalf of the PGA TOUR, I would like to congratulate Patrick Cantlay on being honored as the 2021 PGA TOUR Player of the Year," commissioner Jay Monahan said. "Receiving this award through a member vote reflects the respect his peers have for Patrick. His play throughout 2020-21 was phenomenal, and in stepping up to win consecutive FedEx Cup Playoffs events and the FedEx Cup, Patrick was at his best when it mattered most in our season."
Cantlay claimed four wins this season, highlighted by dramatic back-to-back victories at the BMW Championship and TOUR Championship to close out the year.
The last player with four or more victories in a season was Justin Thomas in 2016-17.
Rahm was named PGA of America Player of the Year last week. The separate award is a points-based system.
- McNealy holes out for eagle on last, leads at Fortinet Championship
- The disrupter: DeChambeau brings game, baggage to Ryder Cup
- Rahm motivated for more following Player of the Year snub
- Young, stacked U.S. team faces familiar battle in Ryder Cup
- Koepka 'good to go' for Ryder Cup after dealing with wrist injury